Livonia Air Conditioner Repair
For skilled, professional air conditioner repair in Livonia, MI, hire a hometown company with more than half a century of air conditioning experience behind it—Ehlers Heating & Air Conditioning.
We repair air conditioners of all makes and models and provide accurate and thorough estimates before the work is done so you’ll know exactly what we are doing. As a family business, we pride ourselves on honest, reliable service. We treat our customers like friends and neighbors—because they are!
Call the NATE Certified technicians at Ehlers Heating & Air Conditioning today at 248-579-2362 for air conditioning repair in Livonia, MI, or contact us online to learn more!
Common Air Conditioning Repair Issues
If your AC isn’t running at optimum performance, we encourage you to first check the filter and change it if necessary. This is one of the most common causes of air conditioner breakdowns. When the filter gets dirty and clogged, the unit simply can’t cool like it should. If you’ve checked and changed the filter and the AC still isn’t working, it could be one of several problems.
- Low or leaking refrigerant– Refrigerant is the chemical that cools the air within the AC unit. If your air conditioner’s refrigerant is low, it was either improperly filled during installation (the amount must be to the manufacturer’s specifications) or you’ve got a leak—which can be very dangerous. Call Ehlers right away if you suspect a refrigerant leak.
- Electronics failure – When the controls or sensors on your air conditioner malfunction, they can’t “tell” the AC unit—along with the condenser and fan—what to do. Luckily, electronics problems are typically a simple fix.
- Fan or condenser malfunction – When your air conditioner’s fan breaks down, heat transfer suffers and sometimes causes compressor damage. The condenser, which is the outside unit, can fail due to a refrigerant leak (as described above), debris from damaged metal parts inside, or several other reasons. A broken condenser is a serious repair issue.
- Frozen coil– How do your air conditioner’s coils freeze even in the hot summer? Airflow. If the airflow is compromised, moisture stays on the AC coils and freezes. Frozen coils can result incompressor failure, reduced cooling capacity, and other problems. Avoiding frozen coils is another great reason to replace the air conditioner’s filters at least every three months!
- Water leaks– Although a water leak is preferable to a refrigerant leak, it’s still a problem. Leaking water can indicate that your AC unit has achokeddrain pipe, corrodedcondensate pan, or other problems. Call Ehlers before that leaking water starts to cause mold and mildew.
- Continual on/off cycling – When your air conditioner keeps cycling off and on, it could be that its compressor or fan controls are damaged or worn down. Sometimes it’s an indication that the unit is too large for your home.
- Overly noisy operation– Is your AC clanging, banging, clicking, or whining?There may be something broken inside that’s getting knocked around. It’s a good idea to get it repaired before it causes additional damage.
If your Livonia home’s air conditioning is experiencing any of these problems, contact Ehlers right away!
Proper AC Maintenance Can Prevent Expensive Repairs
Keeping your air conditioner on a regular maintenance schedule can discover problems before they become critical—possibly saving you hundreds of dollars in repair costs! And, a properly maintained air conditioner lasts longer and performs better.
Call Ehlers Heating & Air Conditioning at 248-579-2362 to learn about our air conditioner maintenance service in Livonia.
Air Conditioner Repair in Livonia, MI
When you need AC repair in your Livonia home, count on Ehlers Heating & Air Conditioning. When you choose Ehlers, we promise that:
- Your tech will ask you the right questions to make sure that we provide what you want and need
- We will offer Carrier products, the quality leader in home heating and cooling
- Each employee is thoroughly trained to see your job through from start to finish
- Every unit we sell and install will perform up to your expectations
- We will provide prompt, professional, and complete service to keep your systems operating at peak efficiency
Call Ehlers Heating & Air Conditioning now at 248-579-2362 for air conditioning repair in Livonia. We provide free estimates. For more information, contact us online.