Commercial HVAC Repair & Maintenance in Livonia
Commercial HVAC systems are the heart of contemporary buildings, keeping temperatures just right, maintaining comfortable humidity levels, and keeping indoor air quality where it should be. There is a lot of diversity in the commercial HVAC market, but in general, the technology falls into three categories:
- Most commercial HVAC systems rely on single-split technology, which allows you to control temperatures for each region separately.
- Multi-split systems improve energy efficiency while still letting you control sections of your building individually. They have a small outdoor footprint and can connect a maximum of nine indoor units for every outdoor unit. This makes them highly energy-efficient, but their complexity presents unique challenges for HVAC repair.
- Finally, variable refrigerant flow or volume systems cover large areas like office blocks and hotels.
Every system presents its own unique problems, but the sheer size and complexity of commercial properties is a challenge in itself. Fan controls can wear away. Connections can corrode. Filters can become dirty and condenser drainage can clog up. The Ehlers team is put through rigorous training to ensure that every technician in our stable can troubleshoot commercial systems accurately, then provide a lasting repair for all three AC categories.
Signs That Your HVAC Needs Attention
An unhappy HVAC system makes itself known through myriad symptoms. Even minor red flags need attention as they can lead to expensive catastrophes in time. Look out for:
- Cool or hot air emanating from your vents: A dysfunctional condenser puts your refrigerant under pressure, so your indoor blower will release warm air.
- A sudden increase in utility bills: Old and damaged systems are prone to fluctuations in current, while broken systems use more energy than they should. It’s best to repair your system before further damage is done.
- An unusual scent: A musty smell is a sure sign of mildew, which could indicate poor indoor air quality. Schedule a repair before dangerous mold affects your building’s interior.
- Moisture or leakage: Faulty condensate or refrigerant drain lines tend to clog or leak. Call us for an urgent repair.
- Negative air pressure: A sign that you’re venting too much air.
- Reduced airflow or bad air quality: Leaks might have exposed your building to toxic chemicals. Take care of it before your customers and staff start experiencing health effects.
- Excess humidity: An oversized system can also lead to damp, clammy air. Call us to install a new system that’s selected according to the correct load calculations. Your unit might also be running at only one speed, switching off until your thermostat reaches its threshold.
Preventive HVAC Maintenance for Your Livonia Business
Preventive maintenance is one of the simplest ways to avoid complicated and expensive repairs. Every HVAC system needs regular attention if it’s to operate at its intended efficiency. At seasonal checkups, we will:
- Clean and check your outdoor components
- Check and recharge your refrigerant levels
- Clean and examine your HVAC coils, belts, and blowers
- Clean and inspect burner assemblies and other indoor components
- Test your control systems
- Change all filtration in keeping with the original manufacturer’s specifications
- Do a visual inspection of drain lines, thermostats, and drip pans
- Look for corroded wire or terminals.
A well-maintained HVAC system is cheaper to operate. Routine maintenance will keep your system energy-efficient, preventing overloaded utility bills and inconsistent results.
Schedule Commercial HVAC Maintenance Today
If your trusty HVAC system isn’t behaving as it should, give us a call today. We’ll get you a free estimate in no time. Our NATE-certified technicians bring superior expertise to every system they repair. We cover Livonia, Novi, and the surrounding areas. You can always trust us to arrive promptly and leave your HVAC in prime condition.