Saving Money With Energy-Efficient Air Conditioners
As energy costs continue to rise, homeowners are becoming increasingly concerned about their utility bills. With summers getting hotter and longer, air conditioners often become the primary culprit behind high energy consumption.
Fortunately, there are effective ways to combat this issue and save money on energy costs. One of the most impactful solutions is investing in energy-efficient air conditioners.
Understanding the SEER Rating
When considering energy-efficient air conditioners, one crucial factor to look at is the Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER).
The SEER rating measures the cooling output of an air conditioner over a typical cooling season, divided by the total electric energy input during the same period. In simple terms, a higher SEER rating indicates a more efficient AC unit that can cool your home while using less energy.
Choosing a high SEER-rated air conditioner may require a larger upfront investment, but it pays off in the long run with reduced energy consumption and lower utility bills. Energy-efficient ACs save money and contribute to environmental sustainability by reducing carbon emissions.
Why You Should Upgrade Your AC
If you’re still using an older air conditioner, you might be losing money without realizing it. Older AC units tend to have lower SEER ratings, which means they’re less efficient and require more energy to provide the same level of cooling. As they age, they may also experience wear and tear, leading to even higher energy consumption and repair costs.
Upgrading to a new, energy-efficient air conditioning system can have several advantages. It reduces your energy consumption, leading to substantial savings on your monthly bills.
Newer AC units also often come with advanced features and technology, such as variable-speed compressors and smart thermostats, further enhancing energy efficiency.
Additional Tips for Added Savings
While investing in an energy-efficient AC is a significant step toward saving money, there are additional tips and practices that can help you reduce your energy costs:
- Use ceiling fans: Ceiling fans create a wind-chill effect, making the room feel cooler without increasing the AC’s workload. This allows you to raise the thermostat setting and save on energy.
- Use curtains & blinds: Keep curtains and blinds closed during the hottest parts of the day to block out the sun’s rays and prevent your home from heating up.
- Proper sealing of windows & doors: Ensure your windows and doors are properly sealed to prevent cool air from escaping and hot air from entering.
- Smart thermostats: Install a programmable or smart thermostat that allows you to set specific temperatures for different times of the day, optimizing energy usage.
- Routine maintenance: Regularly maintain your AC system by cleaning or replacing air filters, inspecting coils, and scheduling professional tune-ups. A well-maintained system operates more efficiently, saving you money in the long run.
By adopting these energy-saving practices and combining them with an energy-efficient AC, you can significantly reduce your energy costs and have a positive impact on the environment.
Schedule AC Installation With Ehlers Heating & Air Conditioning
Ehlers Heating & Air Conditioning, a family-owned business since 1961, is dedicated to maximizing energy efficiency when upgrading your AC system. Our licensed, insured, and background-checked technicians are highly skilled, including NATE-certified experts who stay updated with industry knowledge.
As a trusted Carrier Authorized Dealer, we offer top-of-the-line AC units with high SEER ratings to fit your needs and budget. Let our experienced team guide you through the seamless process of selecting the right air conditioner.
With Ehlers Heating & Air Conditioning, you’re investing in efficiency and decades of dedicated experience.
Get a Free Quote
Bills Properly maintained systems use 10%-15% less energy.