AC Repair in Livonia, MI
Nothing is worse than coming home to find your home too hot and your AC broken down. Thankfully, if you live in Southeast Michigan, Ehlers Heating & Air Conditioning is always prepared to help. We repair air conditioners of all makes and models and provide accurate and thorough estimates before the work is done so you’ll know exactly what we are doing. As a family business, we pride ourselves on honest, reliable service. We treat our customers like friends and neighbors—because they are!
For skilled, professional AC repair in Livonia or a surrounding area, hire a hometown company with more than half a century of air conditioning experience—Ehlers Heating & Air Conditioning! Our technicians are NATE Certified and available 24/7 to assist you with all of your AC repairs—call us today at 248-579-2362 or contact us online to schedule an AC repair appointment in Livonia and the surrounding area!
Find out why our customers love us here!
Common Reasons You May Need AC Repair in Michigan
If your AC isn’t running optimally, we encourage you to first check the filter and change it if necessary. This is one of the most common causes of air conditioner breakdowns. When the filter gets dirty and clogged, the unit simply can’t cool like it should. If you’ve checked and changed the filter and the AC still isn’t working, it could be one of several problems.
- Low or leaking refrigerant. Refrigerant is the chemical that cools the air within the AC unit. If your air conditioner’s refrigerant is low, it was either improperly filled during installation (the amount must be to the manufacturer’s specifications) or you’ve got a leak—which can be very dangerous. Call Ehlers right away if you suspect a refrigerant leak.
- Electronics failure. When the controls or sensors on your air conditioner malfunction, they can’t “tell” the AC unit—along with the condenser and fan—what to do. Luckily, electronics problems are typically a simple fix.
- Fan or condenser malfunction. When your air conditioner’s fan breaks down, heat transfer suffers and sometimes causes compressor damage. The condenser, which is the outside unit, can fail due to a refrigerant leak (as described above), debris from damaged metal parts inside, or several other reasons. A broken condenser is a serious repair issue.
- Frozen coil. How do your air conditioner’s coils freeze even in the hot summer? Airflow. If the airflow is compromised, moisture stays on the AC coils and freezes. Frozen coils can result incompressor failure, reduced cooling capacity, and other problems. Avoiding frozen coils is another great reason to replace the air conditioner’s filters at least every three months!
- Water leaks. Although a water leak is preferable to a refrigerant leak, it’s still a problem. Leaking water can indicate that your AC unit has achokeddrain pipe, corrodedcondensate pan, or other problems. Call Ehlers before that leaking water starts to cause mold and mildew.
- Continual on/off cycling. When your air conditioner keeps cycling off and on, it could be that its compressor or fan controls are damaged or worn down. Sometimes it’s an indication that the unit is too large for your home.
- Overly noisy operation. Is your AC clanging, banging, clicking, or whining? There may be something broken inside that’s getting knocked around. It’s a good idea to get it repaired before it causes additional damage.
If the air conditioner in your Livonia home is on the fritz, determine which problem you are having and call the professionals at Ehlers Heating & Air Conditioning right away—no AC repair should wait!
AC Repair Services near Livonia, MI
When you need AC repair in your Livonia home, count on Ehlers Heating & Air Conditioning. When you choose us, we can promise you will receive:
- Friendly customer service. Our technicians will ask you the right questions and make sure that we provide what you want and need. And, each employee is trained and certified to see your job through from start to finish.
- High-quality products. We offer Carrier products, the quality leader in home heating and cooling. Every unit we sell and install will perform up to your expectations.
- Complete, prompt & professional repair. Our goal is to keep your system operating at peak efficiency throughout its life—and to repair any hiccups along the way.
AC Maintenance to Prevent Expensive AC Repairs
Keeping your air conditioner on a regular maintenance schedule can help you to discover small problems before they become critical issues—likely saving you hundreds of dollars in repair costs! Not to mention, regular AC tune-ups can provide you with tons of added benefits, including increased energy-efficiency, enhances comfort, and fewer repairs!
To learn more about the Preferred Customer Care Program, our annual maintenance agreement, contact our team today by calling 248-579-2362!
Schedule AC Repair in Livonia & Southeast Michigan!
Is your AC on the fritz? Schedule AC repair services with Ehlers Heating & Air Conditioning. Our friendly, NATE certified technicians will provide you with prompt, reliable service and have your cooling system up and running in no time! Call us today at 248-579-2362 for your free estimate!