AC Repair Services in Livonia, MI
Do you need AC repair in the Livonia, MI area? With over 50 years of HVAC experience, Ehlers Heating & Air Conditioning is the AC company to call! We repair air conditioners of all makes and models and provide accurate and thorough estimates before the work is done so you’ll know exactly what we are doing.
As a family business, we pride ourselves on honest, reliable service. We treat our customers like friends and neighbors—because they are!
Our technicians are NATE-certified and available 24/7 to assist you with all of your emergency AC repairs.
Call us today at (248) 579-2362 or contact us online to schedule an air conditioning repair appointment in Livonia and the surrounding area.
Air Conditioning Repair Services in Livonia, MI
For quality AC repair in your Livonia home, count on Ehlers Heating & Air Conditioning. When you choose us, we can promise you will receive:
- Friendly customer service. Our technicians will ask you the right questions and make sure that we provide what you want and need. And, each employee is trained and certified to see your job through from start to finish.
- High-quality products. We offer Carrier products, the quality leader in home heating and cooling. Every unit we sell and install will perform up to your expectations.
- Complete, prompt & professional repair. Our goal is to keep your system operating at peak efficiency throughout its life—and to repair any hiccups along the way.
Don’t suffer through your family complaining about the heat – call us today at (248) 579-2362 to schedule AC repair service!
Signs You Need AC Repair in Michigan
If you think you need AC repair, we encourage you to first check the filter and change it if necessary. A dirty air filter is one of the most common causes of air conditioner breakdowns. When the filter gets dirty and clogged, the unit simply can’t cool like it should.
If you’ve checked and changed the filter and the AC still isn’t working, it could be one of several common AC problems:
- Low or leaking AC refrigerant. Refrigerant is the chemical that cools the air within the AC unit. If your air conditioner’s refrigerant is low, either it was filled improperly during installation or you’ve got a leak—which can be very dangerous. Schedule air conditioning repair as soon as possible.
- Electronic failure. When the controls or sensors on your air conditioner malfunction, they can’t “tell” the AC unit—along with the condenser and fan—what to do. Luckily, electronics problems are typically a simple fix.
- Fan or condenser malfunction. When your air conditioner’s fan breaks down, heat transfer suffers and sometimes causes compressor damage. The condenser, which is the outside unit, can fail due to a refrigerant leak, debris from damaged metal parts inside, or several other reasons. A broken condenser is a serious issue that should be addressed quickly.
- Frozen AC coils. How do your air conditioner’s coils freeze even in the hot summer? Airflow. If the airflow is compromised, moisture stays on the AC coils and freezes. Frozen coils can result in compressor failure, reduced cooling capacity, and other problems. Avoiding frozen coils is another great reason to replace the air conditioner’s filters at least every three months!
- Water leaks. Although a water leak is preferable to a refrigerant leak, it’s still a problem. Leaking water can indicate that your AC unit has a choked drain pipe, corroded condensate pan, or other problems. Call for repair before the leaking water starts to cause mold and mildew.
- Continual on/off cycling. When your air conditioner keeps cycling off and on, it could be that its compressor or fan controls are damaged or worn down. Sometimes it’s an indication that the unit is too large for your home.
- Overly noisy operation. Is your AC clanging, banging, clicking, or whining? There may be something broken inside that’s getting knocked around. It’s a good idea to get it repaired before it causes additional damage.
There are many problems that can occur with your air conditioning system. When a problem arises, it’s best to have it addressed as soon as possible so the problem doesn’t get worse!
If the air conditioner in your Livonia home is on the fritz, contact the AC specialists at Ehlers Heating & Air Conditioning right away!
AC Maintenance to Prevent Expensive AC Repairs
Keeping a regular AC maintenance schedule can help you to discover small problems before they become critical issues—likely saving you hundreds of dollars in repair costs! Not to mention, regular AC tune-ups can provide you with tons of added benefits, including increased energy efficiency, enhances comfort, and fewer repairs!
For AC maintenance and additional benefits, sign up for our Preferred Customer Care Program by contacting our team today!
Schedule AC Repair in Livonia & Southeast Michigan
When you need trustworthy air conditioning repair, schedule it with Ehlers Heating & Air Conditioning. Our friendly, NATE-certified technicians will provide you with prompt, reliable service and have your cooling system up and running in no time!
Call us today at (248) 579-2362 for your free AC repair estimate in Livonia, Novi, Brighton, and the surrounding areas!